What is Maximo Anywhere?
Maximo Anywhere is designed to work in a hybrid connected and disconnected environment. Unlike Mobile and Everyplace that connect directly to Maximo, Anywhere connects through a MobileFirst server. MobileFirst is a company purchased by IBM that allows the creation of mobile applications . This is a powerful tool that will allow clients to distribute applications from the MobileFirst application center, similar to the Android Play Store. The current release of Anywhere runs on Android (phone, tablet), Apple iOS (phone, tablet) and Windows 8.1.
The following applications are the base of Anywhere 7.6.2:
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Asset Audit app
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Asset Data Manager app
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Inspection app
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Issues and Returns app
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Physical Count app
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Service Request app
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Transfers and Receiving app
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Work Approval app
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Work Execution app
Maximo Anywhere also allows users to take advantage of maps to see routes and get turn by turn directions to the work orders assigned to them. It enables your mobile workforce to:
- Get instant access to critical data, even while disconnected.
- Work with a broad range of instrumented machines and smart devices.
- Complete tasks virtually anywhere with secure, trusted transactions.
- Reduce data entry errors and miscommunications by allowing users to simply do their work – even while disconnected.
Learn More from IBM or View Cohesive Solutions' power point on Maximo Anywhere.
Announced July 2018: Improved installation process
The Maximo Anywhere V7.6.3 release gives you tools to better manage the installation process. The installation process now validates the required components, such as operating systems, servers and SDKs and informs you of any issues. With the Maximo Anywhere new release you can now:
- Specify information for push notifications support
- Specify the path to the directory where you installed Oracle JDK
- Select which apps to build, deploy and distribute
- Enable the Maximo Anywhere Administration capability so that you can modify the apps from Maximo Asset Management using the Anywhere Administration application
- Run the build-all command and the admin-config-loader.xml utility from the launchpad after the installation is complete
- Test user configuration available during Maximo component installation to make sure the user is pre-configured inside the Maximo Asset Management application with appropriate Maximo Anywhere group permissions to perform successful login to the Anywhere application after the installation of the product is completed
- Maximo Anywhere admin capability provides configuration to enable a demo user to make sure end-to-end connectivity is established from the device with limited data
To see exactly how it’s done, you can now view videos of the installation process.